Project Manager/Senior Project Manager - Direct Impact
Direct Impact is seeking a driven and experienced Project Manager/Senior Project Manager. The candidate will be responsible for helping clients achieve grassroots and communications success. This client-facing position will be focused on the strategic planning, management and execution of grassroots campaigns that include earned media, digital and social media initiatives, influencer outreach, coalition building, event support and issue advocacy.
- Act as the day-to-day point client contact.
- Manage Direct Impact staff, local market field team partners, consultants and vendors to ensure high-quality deliverables that exceed expectations.
- Assist in crafting strategic grassroots campaigns designed to achieve clients’ reputation, public affairs and/or marketing communications objectives.
- Engage in story mining and development of earned media pitches that can be localized in different markets.
- Lead management of the program, including tracking and reporting local opportunities, activities and earned media coverage.
- Work with local professionals and clients to mine and develop storytelling assets.
- Assist with content creation, talking points, social content and visuals that will bring earned media.
- Leverage the extensive resources within WPP, Young & Rubicam and Burson Cohn & Wolfe (BCW) to grow client relationships into new geographic, market and practice areas.
- The ability to cultivate relationships with executives, customers and partners.
- Write media documents (op-eds, LTEs, press releases), proposals, strategy documents and client correspondence.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of Direct Impact’s clients, including their business goals, as well as helping to identify opportunities and challenges for each client.
- 5-7 years of work experience in one or more of the following: political campaigns, government relations, grassroots, issue advocacy, corporate communications, and/or public relations.
- Working knowledge and understanding of communications, public relations, public affairs, government relations, and grassroots advocacy.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, English is preferred.