Human Resources Coordinator
BCW’s New York Office is looking for an experienced Human Resources Coordinator to join our team in a permanent capacity. The ideal candidate will successfully partner with and provide a broad range of support to the SVP, HR Operations. Candidates must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs in order to ensure the careful completion of documents, presentations and reports.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide support to the SVP, HR Operations as it relates to benefits, payroll, terminations and compensation
- Handle new hire orientation of junior staff
- Respond to employee benefit plan questions and inquiries
- Assist with employment verifications as needed
- Responsible for compiling monthly birthday and anniversary lists, ordering of gift cards for special occasions
- Coordinate paperwork for all actions including new hires, departures and employee changes
- Update and maintain employee files
- Responsible for updating various employee changes within EV5 Payroll system along with maintenance of other payroll processes
- Assist in coordinating activities for special projects and events
- Update various employee databases
- Assist in annual Sarbanes Oxley audits
- Assist in annual Affirmative Action Plan reporting, various government employment surveys and special projects as needed which will include weekly and monthly HR /ad hoc reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 1-2 years of relevant benefits, payroll and compensation experience
- Strong administrative skills with the ability to multitask in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Strong sense of urgency with the ability to proactively identify problems and offer solutions
- Exhibit excellent judgment and discretion in handling confidential information with a strong sense of tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong work ethic with a customer service orientation
- Enthusiastic team player
Knowledge of EV5 HRIS system a plus