Account Executive - Public Affairs and Crisis
We are in search of a public relations professional to be an integral member of the account team and service the client through research, writing, program development and day to day account administration.
- Writing media relations materials to include pitch letters, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets & bios.
- Developing pitches and working with targeted media on story development.
- Program execution and daily client service.
- Assisting in the research and preparation for new business pitches and campaigns.
- Handling media relations activities that might include list building and maintenance, daily media monitoring, and scanning media to identify opportunities for clients.
- Researching and monitoring client’s business and industry to maintain knowledge base.
BCW (Burson Cohn & Wolfe)'s Public Affairs & Crisis professionals serve as trusted advisors to our clients, helping them build reputations and influence in the world's power centers, as well as navigate intensive, short-term policy battles. Our global Public Affairs & Crisis network has the people, relationships, and expertise to help our clients achieve their public policy and business objectives. Our approach integrates the best of traditional PR and public education with state-of-the-art digital communications tools to deliver the right message, through the right messenger, to the right people, at the right time.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of previous public relations work experience.
- Proficiency in the use of office computer programs to include MS Office Suite.
- Strong writing and media relations skills and the ability to translate client’s needs into media opportunities.
- Advanced understanding of key trade publications and national media outlets.
- Professional and pleasant interpersonal communications skills.
- Proven large program project management abilities.
- Ability to work on a team and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to handle high priority and pressure situations.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Prior internship or employment experience in an agency setting is a plus.