Senior Account Executive - Technology
BCW (Burson Cohn & Wolfe)'s Technology Practice has an opening at the Senior Account Executive level supporting a large, fast-growth global brand. This is not an entry-level position. The ideal candidate will have strong media relations in the technology sector. As a member of the account team, an Senior Account Executive assists the Client in researching and analyzing issues, developing and executing on media strategies, developing and editing public-facing content and managing day-to-day account administration. A Senior Account Executive may be responsible for supervising work of Account Executives and Assistant Account Executives.
Our Technology Practice partners with clients to bring communications expertise to technology advancements, building a tangible business asset together. We work closely with our clients to identify what differentiates their products or services as the foundation of clear and compelling communications. The stories that follow generate awareness, define new markets and spark the imagination for what's to come. We are a small practice within a large, global firm, providing a close team and culture where we both empower each other and offer incredible growth opportunities across a portfolio of some of the world’s leading brands.
- Write and distribute basic materials including pitch letters, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, newsletters, prepared remarks, program elements and standby statements.
- Through news bureau activities, develop pitches and work with targeted media on story development.
- Handle standard media inquiries.
- Research and monitor Client's business and industry to maintain a current knowledge base.
- Assist in the research and preparation for new business pitches.
- Organize and implement events and promotions for the Client.
- Assist in account administration duties such as billing and activity reports
- Represent Client at events or trade shows.
- Proactively develop relationships with external audiences (media, third party constituencies, etc.) to convey the Client's message.
- 3-4 years PR experience, preferably in an agency environment.
- Must have prior experience working in a large PR agency on large accounts/clients
- Strong public relations skills, including press releases, media relations, backgrounders, communication strategies, pitches, etc.
- Experience with technology clients or accounts
- Prior experience with global, brand-name tech clients highly desirable.