Account Coordinator - Healthcare
Our team is excited to find an Account Coordinator to join the growing Healthcare practice here in NYC. This person will be working across multiple marquee accounts. In this role you will be a master project manager supporting both your internal team and the external client.
The BCW Account Coordinator program is for recent graduates looking to break into the amazing world of PR and specifically, the Healthcare space. This is a temporary 6-to-9 month entry-level position with the potential to turn into a permanent full-time position where you will get to work on some of the world's largest and most innovative brands.
The Healthcare team at BCW is one of the largest and most innovative groups in the space. Known for pushing the limits of traditional healthcare communications with a complete 360 degree integrated offer for our clients; social, digital, data, brands, celebrity, science, corporate, consumer, etc. We are a group of people who work hard as a team to continue building our reputation as visionaries in the industry. We are looking for individuals who want to challenge both themselves and the status quo!
What you will do…
- Write and distribute basic materials including pitch letters, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, newsletters, prepared remarks, and standby statements
- Create and maintain media lists and handle routine media inquiries
- Monitor media to report coverage that affects the Client’s business
- Handle basic research of Client’s business and industry to maintain a current knowledge base
- Develop relationships with external audiences (media, third-party constituencies, etc.) to convey the Client’s message
- Help secure media interviews and coordinate specific events and promotions for the Client(s)
- Assist in account administration duties such as billing and activity reports
- Work with internal service departments, external vendors, news media, other Ad/PR agencies and other account staff members at BCW to service the Client(s)
- Internships in public relations, healthcare experience is a plus
- You must be a recent graduate who can work 40 hours per week
- Healthcare PR or PR agency internship background preferred, not required
- Basic understanding and interest of the field of public relations
- Proficiency with Microsoft, PowerPoint and Excel as well as social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram)
- Experience using media monitoring tools (Cision, Radian6, Gorkana, Vocus, etc.) is a plus