Account Executive - Technology
BCW, a top global communications agency, is seeking a highly motivated Assistant Account Executive/Account Executive candidate to join our technology team in San Francisco, CA. This person will become an integral team member that works on high-profile tech companies with an emphasis on managing integrated programs, traditional and social media.
This job will involve client management, media relations, content development, analyst relations, and social/digital content strategy. We are looking for candidates with excellent written and oral communication skills, client relationship-building skills, and a passion for media relations who can deliver results. This person must be detailed-oriented, resourceful, and able to multi-task and prioritize under deadlines.
If you are an eager and multi-talented PR professional that enjoys an entrepreneurial fast-paced work environment and are interested in working with innovative start-ups and/or market leading technology companies and the opportunity to grow professionally, we want to speak with you.
- Experience or strong interest in working with B2B and B2C focused technology companies strongly preferred.
- Write and distribute communications materials including news releases, pitch letters, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, newsletters, and standby statements.
- Strong interest and experience with Media Relations.
- Develop relationships with external audiences (media, digital influencers, industry analysts, third-party constituencies, etc.) to convey the Client’s message.
- Lead and participate in creative brainstorm sessions.
- Coordinate and support events and promotions for the Client(s).
- Represent Client(s) at events or trade shows.
- Provide direction and mentoring to junior team members.
- Assist in account administration duties such as billing and activity reports.
- Work with internal service departments, external vendors, news media, other Ad/PR agencies and other account staff members at BCW to service the Client(s).
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of PR, digital or equivalent work experience
- Solid understanding of the field of public relations and digital/social media/technology
- Knowledge of Client(s) industries a plus