Executive Vice President - Digital
Burson Cohn & Wolfe (BCW) is one of the world’s largest full-service global communications agencies. Founded by the merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe, BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels.
BCW combines Cohn & Wolfe’s expertise in digitally driven creative content and integrated communications across the consumer, healthcare and technology sectors – with Burson-Marsteller’s strength in public affairs, corporate and crisis management, technology and research. Burson Cohn & Wolfe will be a network of over 4,000 employees across 42 countries. BCW is part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), the world’s leader in communications services.
- Drive or play an integral role in the development of projects, initiatives and innovation.
- Exhibit broad understanding of interactive marketing and leading trends in digital, social and artificial intelligence.
- Formulate and implement best practices on how to deliver insights in engaging formats across the DC market.
- Solid understanding of “big picture” client programs; maintain awareness of client business and communications objectives and how they relate to digital programs.
- Provide leadership in the areas of account management including day-to-day account activity.
- Lead program planning from initial strategy, deliverable identification, and development from start to finish including implementation and post-launch optimization.
- Perform consistent analysis and inform on what programs needs to be produced and how to measure success for our clients.
- Keep abreast of the latest delivery and consumption trends in the digital space, and analyze competitive activity in the marketplace.
- Write proposals, strategy documents, and client correspondence.
- Develop, manage, and execute content map and conversation calendars in collaboration with the agency account team across all digital/social platforms where the client is active, and align with boosting and search strategies.
- Build and develop a DC-based team by mentoring, coaching, educating, and managing direct reports.
- Oversee and manage monitoring, research and online influencer engagement projects, content production, online property launches, and program measurement and budgets.
- Collaborate with BCW practices to craft and implement strategies that support the brand based on our clients’ objectives and target audience.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to seek creative ideas and provide input.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the DC market as part of the Digital Innovation Group’s regional leadership team.
- The candidate will seek and develop new business opportunities and lead new product initiatives.
- The role of the Executive Vice President, Digital will have at least 15 years of work experience in digital communications with a deep background in developing and leading strategy initiatives, with a focus on public affairs, crisis and corporate work. Experience in the consumer, heath care, tech or financial services spaces are a plus.
- Essential to the job will be the ability to engage with and counsel senior-level decision-makers across the clients’ business and deliver connective insights to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of cross-company initiatives.
- Candidates should also bring experience building relationships and working effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- The candidate should also have demonstrated experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities, building and managing teams to execute public relations and integrated marketing plans effectively, and drafting and implementing strategic communications programs within budget.
- The candidate should have at least a bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English, marketing, business, or a related field.