Account Supervisor, Thought Leadership - Corporate Public Relations
Account Supervisor, Thought Leadership - Corporate Public Relations, New York
We search for a public relations professional that will be responsible for day-to-day client projects and/or events to ensure the quality of work meets the client’s objectives and provides value. This role will manage executive visibility platforms and thought leadership campaigns by managing diverse internal teams, driving project deliverables, achieving deadlines and delivering outstanding results. Enthusiastic, tireless, passionate and driven people please apply today!
- Identity, secure and manage executive visibility opportunities, including media relations and speaking roles across a multitude of corporate clients.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to ideate, plan and managing and thought leadership programming, including executive visibility across multitude of corporate clients.
- Support institutional thought leadership campaigns for middle market and Fortune 500 companies.
- Developing and cultivating relationships with the client(s) and external audiences.
- Recommending and implementing initiatives that improve the public’s perception of the client, and proactively developing relationships with external audiences to convey client’s message.
- Developing complete communication plans for the client, participating in new business development, and supporting organizational initiatives.
- Handling specialty writing projects and strategic media relationships.
- Acting as primary resource for issues-oriented writing and executive level commentary.
- Developing media angles for major outlets, and enhancing key relationships with major media contacts.
- Identifying and pursuing business opportunities with existing clients, leading creative brainstorms and offering non-traditional ideas to address client opportunities.
- Supervising billing, activity/status reports and overseeing billing discussions with the client.
- Minimum of 4 years of previous public relations work experience in a PR agency, with a focus on executive visibility and thought leadership.
- Advanced writing skills, ability to write for senior level management and audiences, and proficiency in editing and composition.
- Ability to supervise and motivate account staff, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations and produce program outlines for creative brainstorms.
- Strong strategic-thinking skills, and the ability to handle and manage stressful situations.
- Proven relationships with the media and familiarity with the newest media outlets.
- Knowledge of industry conferences and process for securing speaking opportunities.
- Experience directly managing clients and/or serving as client day-to-day contact
- Experience supporting institutional thought leadership campaigns. Including planning, ideation, managing and supporting media relations efforts.
- Strong account management skills, including ability to be client facing and oversee junior staff.
- Prior experience pitching and coming up with new story angles.
- Bachelor’s Degree.