Junior Financial Analyst/Staff Accountant
The Financial Analyst supports the Finance team in all financial and operational functions for the BCW (Burson Cohn & Wolfe) Northeast offices. This highly visible role reports directly to the Finance SVP and will provide the chosen candidate with an opportunity to interact will all levels of management including the EVP Finance Director, NY Market Leader and Practice Leaders. This position is currently based in the Flatiron District of Manhattan.
The finance team at BCW is the backbone of our success which allows our teams to deliver award winning work for clients around the globe. We are an extremely collaborative group and expect everyone on our team to wear many hats. We look for people who have a passion for finance and have the skills to help our business grow in the ever-evolving communications space.
What you will do…
- Facilitate weekly timesheet collection and follow-up.
- Responsible for weekly billability and revenue reporting.
- Responsible for month end journal entries.
- Prepare monthly analysis and reconciliations on several general ledger accounts (Balance Sheet) and Profit and Loss variance analysis.
- Assist in the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process and reporting including P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset ledgers.
- Assist with the Company’s reporting process to parent company via Cartesis.
- Assist in the preparation and review of monthly revenue projections by practice.
- Maintain compliance with Sarbanes Oxley Act requirements and liaise with internal and external auditors.
- Special projects and ad hoc requests as required.
Who you will be…
- Strong analytical skills with a degree in Accounting (preferred)
- 0 – 1 year of related experience
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills with a flexible interpersonal style to clearly present ideas both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and/or part of a team to complete multiple projects on time
- Familiarity with financial accounting and reporting systems (preferably Maconomy and/or Cartesis)
- Excellent PC skills including advanced proficiency in Excel (required) and Word.