Planner - Branding & Insights
We are looking for a mid-level Planner for our New York Office. This candidate would play a key role in driving strategy by gathering, defining, and clarifying the insights that drive creative integrated marketing communications solutions. This role is right for a curious, driven, focused and ambitious whole-brain thinker who enjoys cracking challenges from numerous angles. If you enjoy connecting the dots between culture, business, consumers, brands, policy and politics you would enjoy this role.
The BIG (Branding & Insights) group is critical to everyone at Burson Cohn & Wolfe (BCW) because we supply the intelligence and insight that serves as the foundation for all of BCW’s work. Our job is very dynamic, moving across all the practices and client teams. And, we’re central to the strategic and creative development for all types of projects, client-based, new business and thought leadership. We are planners, researchers and data analysts who actively collaborate with one another on all projects, sharing tasks in true team manner. We are resourceful, enthusiastic, share laughs and just love getting deep into research to uncover the next critical insight, and foundational strategy, that will help power our BCW account teams.
What you will do…
- Connects the dots between research, insights and strategy
- Performs landscape and competitive analyses and identifies gaps and opportunities in the marketplace
- Works across B2B and B2C verticals to generate brand, target and market insights and forecasts that consider sociocultural factors
- Conducts primary and secondary research, able to use research to create strong insights
- Works to create communications strategy from insights
- Serves as a bridge between planning and creative
- Supports account teams in identifying the right tools and processes to strengthen communications programs
- Supports agency’s new business pipeline and existing clients in the development of strategic recommendations
- Manages projects and/or people
Who you will be…
- Minimum 5-7 years of planning experience, preferably in an agency environment and preferably inclusive of research and strategy
- Ability to conduct, analyze and distill primary and secondary research into clear and concise insights and connect those insights to communications strategy
- Ability to build relationships across the team and agency
- A drive to excel in the planning function and understand how planning connects to the overall development of strong programs and campaigns
- An ability to help creatives and account teams reach an a-ha and connect that a-ha to strong narratives and stories to tell
- Strong presentation skills and strong interpersonal skill
BCW, created in early 2018 following the merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe, is an award-winning, integrated brand communications agency within WPP, the world’s largest media and communications services conglomerate. We work hard to deliver creative campaigns that are deeply grounded in consumer and marketplace insights, backed by a full-suite of strategic services to meet the needs of our clients.
BCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer.