Vice President - Healthcare
Want to be at the forefront of Healthcare PR? From “first-in-class” medical devices to drug therapies that are changing and saving lives, BCW (Burson Cohn & Wolfe)’s Healthcare Practice supports clients with products on the cutting edge of science and medicine. Our practice is growing and looking for qualified candidates to join our award-winning team. If you want to learn and grow with a group of creative, strategic and passionate professionals, we’d like to meet you.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with “first-in-class” drug therapies that are on the cutting edge of science and medicine—literally changing and saving lives—we have a place for you. Our Healthcare Practice is seeking to hire a public relations professional to be part of a very large client account focused on bringing thought leadership positioning and product data differentiation across their entire Immuno-Oncology line of business. This will be a fully integrated communications campaign inclusive of social, digital, and traditional outreach targeted at the scientific, investor, shareholder, physician, trade and advocacy influencer population. The ideal candidate will have experience with highly regulated pharmaceutical products such as oncology, cardiovascular, bio-pharma and/or high-science medical data communications. This role will not only be responsible for the activities of account team members but will also participate in new business development and support organizational initiatives.
The Director will contribute to the global growth and performance of the firm by leading large, complex client relationships and programs. This role will be recognized as an emerging expert in a practice and will manage diverse internal teams, drive project deliverables, and deliver outstanding results.
- Helping lead large client relationship and executing overall communications programs for this client
- Developing high-science materials to support communications efforts
- Overseeing account activities and team operations, often under tight deadlines
- Proactively managing client expectations to ensure all issues impacting client satisfaction are addressed
- Playing a role in developing staff and cultivating talent at all levels by creating succession plans and career tracking; providing mentorship and serving as coach for trainings and on-boarding
- Ability to interact and counsel marketing clients as seamlessly as, communications clients
- Coach/teach and counsel junior team members to develop press and memos
- Developing and leading new business efforts, as needed
- Enhancing the firm’s intellectual capital by driving innovation, developing new products and services, and leveraging the firm’s strategic Evidence-Based Communications platform
- Integrating new digital products and services in existing client and new business
- Minimum of 10+ years of previous public relations work experience; international regulatory, marketing, issues and product promotion experience.
- Past experience working in-house at a pharmaceutical company and/or at an agency handling pharmaceutical accounts.
- Previous experience in a public relations agency.
- Deep understanding of data-driven healthcare communications from successful previous experience leading large pharmaceutical and/or oncology accounts.
- Experience with the FDA approval process, clinical trials, large meetings & conferences, and an understanding of how to translate "high-science" to a variety of audiences.
- Manage complex relationships diplomatically and consultatively.
- Ability to think innovatively and develop creative solutions and new programs.
- Manage teams and individuals to enable them to perform to their fullest potential.
- Creative and strategic thinking, strong negotiation skills, in-depth analytical skills, and the ability to take a long-term perspective.
- Entrepreneurial approach to business acquisition and proven success in driving new business.
- Experience overseeing complex accounts with multiple client contacts, product lines and issues.