Vice President - Direct Impact
Direct Impact is seeking a driven and experienced Vice President. The candidate will be responsible for helping clients achieve grassroots and communications success. This client-facing position will be focused on the strategic planning and execution of grassroots campaigns. This will involve activities spanning from the implementation of campaigns, to local earned media campaigns, digital and social media initiatives, events/tours and issue advocacy using integrated platforms.
- Act as the lead and day-today point of contact and client counsel
- Manage project management teams and local market partners to ensure high-quality deliverables that exceed expectations
- Direct the execution of campaigns across multiple geographies including project management of multiple remote teams, consultants and vendors
- Assist in crafting strategic grassroots campaigns centered around corporate and public affairs issues as well as media strategy, product launches and events
- Develop and cultivate relationships with multiple clients and external influencers
- The ability to identify, pitch and win new business opportunities
- Leverage the extensive resources within WPP, Young & Rubicam and Burson Cohn & Wolfe (BCW) to grow client relationships into new geographic, market and practice areas
- The ability to cultivate relationships with executives, customers and partners; additionally, the candidate should have the capability to provide short-term and long-term strategic counsel
- Build and develop a team by mentoring, coaching, educating and managing direct reports
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of Direct Impact’s clients including their business, goals as well as helping to identify opportunities and challenges for each client
- Write proposals, strategy documents and client correspondence
- The candidate must have a background and/or experience in technology and/or telecommunications.
- The Vice President will have at least 10 years of work experience in one or more of the following: political campaigns, government relations, grassroots, issue advocacy, corporate communications and public relations.
- The candidate will have at least six years with issue advocacy, public relations and grassroots campaigns.
- The candidate will have previous experience providing clients and prospects with counsel and information on the business practice generally, while providing in-depth areas specific to the industry.
- A deep and sophisticated understanding of grassroots, advocacy, marketing, and campaigns, and how they relate to the larger integrated plan.
- Candidates should also bring experience in building relationships and working effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- The candidate should also have demonstrated experience working directly, and in a leadership role, with clients on day-to-day activities, building and managing teams to execute communications and advocacy plans effectively.
- The candidate should have experience managing multiple client projects, team members, vendors and consultants across the United States.
- The candidate should have at least a bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, English, business or a related field, and an advanced degree is preferred.