Vice President - Public Affairs and Crisis
BCW is one of the world’s largest full-service global communications agencies. Founded by the merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe, BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels.
We are seeking a public relations/public affairs professional that will contribute to the global growth and performance of the firm and client by leading large, complex client relationships and programs. This role will be recognized as an expert in a particular practice, industry or capability, and will manage diverse internal teams, drive project deliverables, achieve deadlines and deliver outstanding results.
- Developing and growing senior level client relationships, and acting as a trusted advisor to a key clients.
- Counseling and building relationships with peers in the industry and with other internal lines of business.
- Proactively managing client expectations to ensure all issues impacting client satisfaction are addressed.
- Playing a lead role in developing staff and addressing performance issues.
- Raising the visibility and enhancing the reputation of the firm externally through activities such as published articles or speaking engagements.
- Attracts new talent and enhances the firm’s intellectual capital by driving innovation, developing new products and services, and leveraging the firm’s strategic Evidence-Based communications platform.
- Integrates digital products and services in offerings.
- Minimum of 12 years of previous public relations, public affairs or communications work experience.
- Advanced writing skills, ability to write for senior level management and audiences, and proficiency in editing and composition.
- Experience and understanding with strategic media relations.
- An in-depth understanding of the client’s business and challenges.
- Ability to manage complex relationships diplomatically and consultatively.
- Ability to think innovatively; develop creative solutions and new programs.
- Ability to manage teams and individuals to enable them to perform to their fullest potential.
- Creative and strategic thinking, strong negotiation skills, and in-depth analytical skills.