Account Supervisor - Public Affairs and Crisis
BCW (Burson Cohn & Wolfe) is one of the world’s largest full-service global communications agencies. Founded by the merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe, BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels.
We are seeking a public relations professional that will be responsible for day-to-day client projects and/or events to ensure the quality of work meets the client’s objectives and provides value. This role will manage diverse internal teams, drive project deliverables, achieve deadlines and deliver outstanding results.
- Developing and cultivating relationships with the client(s) and external audiences.
- Recommending and implementing initiatives that improve the public’s perception of the client, and proactively developing relationships with external audiences to convey client’s message.
- Developing complete communication plans for the client, and supporting organizational initiatives.
- Handling specialty writing projects and strategic media relationships.
- Acting as primary resource for issues-oriented writing and executive level commentary.
- Developing media angles for major outlets, and enhancing key relationships with major media contacts.
- Identifying and ability to lead creative brainstorms and offering non-traditional ideas to address client opportunities.
- Supervising billing, activity/status reports and overseeing billing discussions with the client.
- Minimum of 6 years of previous public relations work experience.
- Advanced writing skills, ability to write for senior level management and audiences, and strong proficiency in editing and composition.
- Ability to supervise and motivate account staff, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with the AP Stylebook and the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations and produce program outlines for creative brainstorms.