Senior Vice President - Direct Impact
Direct Impact is seeking a driven and experienced Senior Vice President. The candidate will be responsible for generating new business opportunities and expanding the firm’s annual revenue goals. In addition to spearheading new business efforts, the candidate will have a leadership role in the organization that includes providing strategic counsel to existing clients, representing Direct Impact to external audiences and helping to manage staff and inter-agency relationships.
- Identify and lead efforts to secure new business from new and/or existing clients each year.
- Leverage the extensive resources within WPP, Young & Rubicam and Burson Cohn & Wolfe (BCW) to grow client relationships into new geographic, market and practice areas.
- Raise the visibility and enhance the reputation of the firm externally through such activities as published articles, guest speaking engagements, relevant conferences or leadership in professional networks.
- Enhance the firm’s intellectual capital by driving innovation and developing new products and services.
- Identify, pitch and win new business opportunities.
- Cultivate relationships with executives, customers and partners.
- Provide short-term and long-term strategic counsel.
- Write proposals, strategy documents and client correspondence.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of Direct Impact’s clients including their business, goals as well as helping to identify opportunities and challenges for each client.
- Build and develop a team by mentoring, coaching, educating and managing direct reports.
- The successful candidate will have at least 15 years of work experience in one or more of the following: business development, political campaigns, government relations, grassroots, issue advocacy and public relations with a deep background in developing and leading business initiatives.
- The candidate should demonstrate experience managing client relationships, building and managing teams to execute strategic communications plans and drafting and implementing programs within budget.
- The candidate should have at least a bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, English, business or a related field.