BCW, a top ten global PR and marketing communications firm, is seeking a highly creative, motivated candidate to work as an Account Coordinator in our Los Angeles office. The BCW Account Coordinator program is for recent graduates looking to break into the amazing world of PR. You will get to work on some of the world's largest and most innovative brands.
We are looking for a team player who has a strong desire to learn, expand his/her skillset and deliver on results working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong research and analytical skills. He/she must be detailed oriented, resourceful, able to multi-task and prioritize under deadlines. A solid working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint is required. Familiarity with creative programs, social and digital platforms is also a plus.
This is a 6 month paid position and all candidates must be available to work full-time (approx 40 hours per week).
What you will do...
- Write and distribute basic PR and social media materials including news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, e-newsletter content and social media posts.
- Assist on several client accounts.
- Create and maintain media lists and help secure media interviews.
- Monitor media to report coverage that affects the Client’s business.
- Handle basic research of Client’s business and industry to maintain a current knowledge base.
- May coordinate specific events and promotions for the Client(s).
- Work within a team to develop and execute creative digital and social media content, campaigns, and influencer engagement.
- Assist in account administration duties such meeting agendas, recaps and reports.
- Work with internal service departments, external vendors, news media, other Ad/PR agencies and other account staff members at Cohn & Wolfe to service the Client(s).
Who you will be...
- Bachelor’s degree candidate.
- PR internship background preferred
- Basic understanding and interest of the field of public relations and the broader marketing communications landscape.
- Self-starter who is hungry to take ownership of projects and build Impeccable client relationship skills
BCW is one of the world’s largest full-service global communications agencies. Founded by the merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe, BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels for clients in the B2B, consumer, corporate, crisis management, CSR, healthcare, public affairs and technology sectors. BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), the world’s leader in communications services.