Account Executive/Senior Account Executive - Technology
Burson Cohn & Wolfe, a top global communications agency, is seeking a highly motivated Account Executive or Senior Account Executive candidate to join our technology team in New York. This person will become an integral team member that works on high-profile tech companies with an emphasis on managing integrated programs, traditional and social media.
This job will involve client management, media relations, content development, analyst relations, and social/digital content strategy. We are looking for candidates with excellent written and oral communication skills, client relationship-building skills, and a passion for media relations who can deliver results. This person must be detailed-oriented, resourceful, and able to multi-task and prioritize under deadlines.
If you are an eager and multi-talented PR professional that enjoys an entrepreneurial fast-paced work environment and are interested in working with innovative start-ups and/or market leading technology companies and the opportunity to grow professionally, we want to speak with you.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to):
- Writing media relations materials to include pitch letters, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets & bios.
- Developing pitches and working with targeted media on story development.
- Program execution and daily client service.
- Assisting in the research and preparation for new business pitches.
- Handling media relations activities that might include list building and maintenance, daily media monitoring, and scanning media to identify opportunities for clients.
- Researching and monitoring client’s business and industry to maintain knowledge base
- Proficiency in the use of office computer programs to include MS Office Suite.
- 2-4 years of PR, digital or equivalent work experience
- Strong writing and media relations skills and the ability to translate client’s needs into media opportunities.
- Advanced understanding of key trade publications and national media outlets.
- Professional and pleasant interpersonal communications skills.
- Proven large program project management abilities.
- Ability to work on a team and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to handle high priority and pressure situations.
- Experience in B2B and/or B2C Tech
- Established media contacts (business, tech, vertical media)
- Previous experience in a public relations agency.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Burson Cohn & Wolfe offers an excellent benefits package including medical and dental coverage, 401k match, pension plan, tuition reimbursement, and more. In addition, we have professional training and development programs which provide on-going learning opportunities for all staff.
Burson Cohn & Wolfe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.