Account Director - BCW Grassroots
BCW (Burson Cohn & Wolfe) Grassroots is seeking a driven and experienced Account Director. The candidate will be responsible for helping clients achieve grassroots and communications success. This client-facing position will be focused on the strategic planning, management and execution of grassroots campaigns that include earned media, digital and social media initiatives, influencer outreach, coalition building, event support and issue advocacy.
- Act as the day-to-day point client contact.
- Manage Direct Impact staff, local market field team partners, consultants and vendors to ensure high-quality deliverables that exceed expectations.
- Assist in crafting strategic grassroots campaigns designed to achieve clients’ reputation, public affairs and/or marketing communications objectives.
- Assist with the ability to identify, pitch and win new business opportunities
- The ability to conceive, launch and execute local market communications strategies across a region.
- Leverage the extensive resources within WPP, Young & Rubicam and Burson Cohn & Wolfe (BCW) to grow client relationships into new geographic, market and practice areas.
- The ability to cultivate relationships with executives, customers and partners.
- Write proposals, strategy documents and client correspondence.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of Direct Impact’s clients, including their business, goals as well as helping to identify opportunities and challenges for each client.
- Build and develop a team by mentoring, coaching, educating and managing direct reports.
- A minimum of 7 years of work experience in public relations with a specific focus on consumer and/or brand marketing.
- Experience working in a public relations agency and/or in-house corporate communications environment.
- Working knowledge and understanding of communications, public relations, and grassroots advocacy.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, English, business or a related field is preferred.