Vice President, Media Specialist - Healthcare
We are looking for a Vice President to join our leading Healthcare Media Relations team here in NYC. You will lead Media Relations for a fantastic account team within our healthcare practice.
Our client is in need of senior level media expertise and counsel as you partner with them to develop their overall strategic media vision. On top of leading these client relationships you will also be managing a team of high-performing media relations specialists who will look to you for mentorship and guidance.
The Healthcare team at BCW (Burson Cohn & Wolfe) is one of the largest and most innovative groups in the space. We have pushed the limits of traditional healthcare communications with a complete 360 degree integrated offer for our clients; social, digital, data, brands, celebrity, science, corporate, consumer, etc. We are a group of people who work hard as a team to continue building our reputation as visionaries in the industry. We are looking for individuals who want to challenge both themselves and the status quo!
What you will do…
- Partner directly with the SVP of Media to lead all aspects of a high performing media relations team inside of large healthcare PR practice
- Lead the strategic planning process for both our clients and the media team as a whole
- Demonstrate an expertise in healthcare media relations while representing the Media team to both internal and external stakeholders
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with our clients by providing strategic counsel and a mastery of all aspects of client management
- Represent the Media team to internal and external stakeholders
- Help to further develop our healthcare offering, capabilities and growth trajectory
- Flesh out ideas as they relate to client objectives and learn how to bring them to life in presentations and written proposals
- Lead and mentor junior team members to build a culture of high performance
Who you will be…
- 9+ years of healthcare agency experience with a focus on media relations
- Impeccable client relationship skills and experience working with high-touch clients
- Experience managing large programs from start to finish
- Ability to work with vendors and manage out of pocket budgets
- Ability to push the envelope and think outside of the box