Account Director - Public Affairs and Crisis
BCW (Burson Cohn & Wolfe) is one of the world’s largest full-service global communications agencies. Founded by the merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe, BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels.
We are seeking a public relations professional to lead client accounts by overseeing the day to day projects and/or events to ensure the quality of work meets objectives and provides value.
- Developing and cultivating relationships with clients & external audiences.
- Managing account administration such as billing and financial reporting.
- Recommending and implementing initiatives that will improve the public’s perception of the client.
- Partnering with client and potentially other stakeholders to develop and complete communications plans.
- Developing original media plans, and story development concept for client.
- Participating in solving practice management issues and providing input to defining the direction of the practice.
- Minimum of 8 years of previous public relations work or communications experience.
- Seasoned writing skills; ability to write for senior level management and audiences.
- Experience with crisis communication, reactive public relations and crisis management.
- Ability to supervise and motivate account staff, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations and produce program outlines for creative brainstorms.
- Strong strategic-thinking skills, and the ability to handle and manage stressful situations.
- Ability to develop and present new business pitches, and strong project-management skills.
- Proven relationships with the media and familiarity with the newest media outlets.