Account Executive - Corporate
We are in search of a public relations professional to be an integral member of the account team and service the client through research, writing, program development and day to day account administration.
- Writing media relations materials to include pitch letters, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets & bios.
- Developing pitches and working with targeted media on story development.
- Program execution and daily client service.
- Assisting in the research and preparation for new business pitches and campaigns.
- Handling media relations activities that might include list building and maintenance, daily media monitoring, and scanning media to identify opportunities for clients.
- Researching and monitoring client’s business and industry to maintain knowledge base.
- Demonstrate a true passion for and understanding of emerging digital platforms and how they can be leveraged as part of our clients’ strategies
- Work within an integrated PR and digital team and develop a comprehensive understanding of a client’s business, products and markets
- Manage the ins and outs of social media platform and community management
- Have a working knowledge of social media tools, from listening/research to community and content management
- Connect insights and corporate messages with actionable programs
The Corporate team at BCW is one of the most exciting and imaginative teams in the industry. We have blended the old with the new, having a foundation in traditional PR but doing far more across the digital, content and integrated marketing space. We love data and use the power of our in-house research team to propel our creativity and develop award winning work. We look for people who love what they do and can roll up their sleeves to push our creativity even further!
The ideal candidate will be proactive, creative, resourceful, influential, and intellectually curious. You must be on a never-ending quest to stay abreast of evolving trends, human insights and emerging platforms in an effort to generate unique and creative ways to drive clients’ business objectives. Together with a team of digitally inspired seekers, you will chart an integrated and informed path for clients.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of previous public relations work experience.
- Proficiency in the use of office computer programs to include MS Office Suite.
- Strong writing and media relations skills and the ability to translate client’s needs into media opportunities.
- Advanced understanding of key trade publications and national media outlets.
- Professional and pleasant interpersonal communications skills.
- Proven large program project management abilities.
- Ability to work on a team and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to handle high priority and pressure situations.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Prior internship or employment experience in an agency setting is a plus.