Senior Vice President - Public Relations, Enterprise Technology Communications
BCW is one of the world’s largest full-service global communications agencies. Founded by the merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe, BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels.
Burson Cohn & Wolfe combines Cohn & Wolfe’s expertise in digitally driven creative content and integrated communications across the consumer, healthcare and technology sectors – with Burson-Marsteller’s strength in public affairs, corporate and crisis management, technology and research. Burson Cohn & Wolfe will be a network of over 4,000 employees across 42 countries. BCW is part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), the world’s leader in communications services.
The Senior Vice President, Technology will have the following responsibilities:
- Drive or play an integral role in the development of projects, initiatives and innovation.
- Exhibit broad understanding of leading trends in technology, digital, social and artificial intelligence.
- Formulate and implement best practices on how to deliver insights in engaging formats across the practice.
- Solid understanding of “big picture” client programs; maintain awareness of client business and communications objectives and how they relate to the Technology Practice.
- Provide leadership in the areas of account management including day-to-day account activity.
- Lead program planning from initial strategy, deliverable identification, and development from start to finish including implementation and post-launch optimization.
- Keep abreast of the latest delivery and consumption trends in the digital and technology space, and analyze competitive activity in the marketplace.
- Write proposals, strategy documents, and client correspondence.
- Marketing and promotion of the Technology Practice.
- Build and develop a San Francisco based team by mentoring, coaching, educating, and managing direct reports.
- Oversee and manage monitoring, research and online influencer engagement projects, content production, online property launches, and program measurement and budgets.
- Collaborate with BCW practices to craft and implement strategies that support the brand based on our clients’ objectives and target audience.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to seek creative ideas and provide input.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the communications and technology industry.
- The candidate will seek and develop new business opportunities and lead new product initiatives.
- Ability to leverage expertise for organic business development in the areas of technology, crisis and issues, third party influencer programs and social media.
The role of the Senior Vice President, Technology will have at least 15 years of work experience in technology communications with a deep background in developing and leading strategy initiatives. Experience providing clients and prospects with strategic counsel on the technology industry; consumer tech, B2B and enterprise. Previous experience in an agency setting as well as a client-side environment very helpful.
Candidates should also bring experience building relationships and working effectively with diverse stakeholders. The candidate should also have demonstrated experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities, at a C suite level, building and managing teams to execute public relations and integrated marketing plans effectively, and drafting and implementing strategic communications programs within budget.
The candidate should have at least a bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English, marketing, business, or a related field.