Vice President/Senior Vice President, Healthcare PR - Y&R PR
We are looking for a Vice President or Senior Vice President to join our growing Healthcare practice here in NYC. This person will be leading account activities at a strategic level for a couple of our marquee accounts in the oncology and eye care spaces.
You will oversee all account activities (traditional, digital, branded, unbranded, etc.) and ensure the overall strategic vision, and tactical execution, is in line with the client’s objectives. You will be a leader in our business with an expectation to manage all client communication, key internal stakeholders and a junior team of high performers. This is an opportunity for someone looking to take on a true leadership role and help to shape a rapidly growing healthcare practice.
Y&R PR is one of the fastest growing, and most dynamic, groups at BCW (Burson Cohn & Wolfe) and has recently been nominated for 2018 Best Small Agency of the Year by PR Week. Nearly doubling in size over the past 4 years much of our success is thanks to our whole brained approach and our ability to fuse strategic communications with our in-house creative team. Our work spans the entire communications spectrum as we work on everything from grassroots consumer campaigns to high science initiatives. We care deeply about people and work to ensure people are challenged and growing at all levels of the business.
We are seeking someone with significant pharmaceutical product PR experience who has a passion for helping to change the world of medicine.
What you will do…
- Partner directly with an EVP to develop strategic planning for our clients and the team itself
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with our clients by providing strategic counsel and a mastery of all aspects of client management
- Help to further develop our healthcare offering, capabilities and growth trajectory
- Own the brainstorm process; see the need, lead the brainstorm, and begin to identify other team members who have the potential of becoming good brainstorm facilitators
- Flesh out ideas as they relate to client objectives and learn how to bring them to life in presentations and written proposals
- Showcase a command of both digital and traditional communication practices and strategies
- Lead and mentor junior team members to build a culture of high performance
Who you will be…
- 9+ years of agency experience with a focus on pharmaceutical product PR
- Impeccable client relationship skills and experience working with high touch clients
- Experience managing large programs from start to finish
- Ability to work with vendors and manage out of pocket budgets
- Ability to push the envelope and think outside of the box
Y&R PR is born out of the iconic communications agency Y&R – and part of the renowned brand builder BCW (Burson Cohn & Wolfe). We were founded in 2013 to bring unparalleled strategic thinking and flawless execution to a Fortune 50 company and its multiple brands around the world. Since then we have built much of our success on reinventing the traditional client-agency relationship. We were recently nominated for 2018 Best Small Agency of the Year by PR Week.
For decades the public relations industry has been known for developing standardized models and proprietary tools to develop big ideas and bring them to the masses. At Y&R PR, we have reinvented the impact PR can have on our clients’ business. Our people are encouraged to think off the beaten path, yet always carry a GPS. While we still adhere to established strategic approaches, we pressure test the traditional tenets of PR campaigns to get the best results. We don’t just create unique ideas; we create unique ways to deliver them. At the end of the day we understand that in today’s environment, it’s not just about making a dollar, it’s about making it count. For all these reasons, Y&R PR is truly unique – so prepare to be refreshed!